Omega Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guide to WoW Addons

2 posters

Go down

A Guide to WoW Addons Empty A Guide to WoW Addons

Post  Elderoth Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 am

I know many of you are new to not just the guild, but also the game. So you might not heard of addons, addons for WoW "add on" (aren't I clever) features to the game, some are purely aesthetic while others change the way you play. The best way to find out what they do it to use them!

To install an addon, you typically download a .rar file from the site, and tehn extract that folder into your WoW addons directory
-WINDOWS: C:\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons\
-MAC: \applications\world of warcraft\interface\addons

Curse.com offers the best place (imo) to get addons, some important ones to get are

- GroupCalender -
I use this addon to plan guild events such as dungeons and meetings - very important
DOWNLOAD TORRENT **
DOWNLOAD CURSE

Group Calendar allows guilds or groups of friends to share an in-game event calendar. The guild can post raid events and members can post events for dungeons they need to do quests for. Additionally, players can provide feedback to the event's sponsor saying that they will or won't be attending an event.

To set up GroupCalender to receive events from the guild, you'll need to set it up, don't worry it's pretty easy. When it's installed, you'll notice that what used to be a sun at the top right of the screen is now a clock, just click that clock to open GroupCalender. A dialog should open, just click the setup tab, then change it to manual configuration. Check the "Use Guild data channel" box and then hit connect! It's done!

- Omen -
This addon is used to determine how much threat each person in the group has, if you don't know about threat, please read this guide describing what threat is. This addon will significantly increase your performance in a group and is required by nearly every raiding guild.
DOWNLOAD CURSE

Omen is a threat meter. Basically, enemies in WoW decide who to attack by deciding who is the most threatening based on the abilities you use. What Omen attempts to do is provide reasonably accurate estimates of your group's relative threat level on individual enemies, so that you can see when you're in danger of pulling aggro (or, if you're next on the snack list if your tank bites it). This info is usually only critical in raids, where only tanks can survive aggro, but it's useful for any multi-player situation.

This guide is a work in progress, will be updated as time passes.

**For those unfamiliar with bittorrent, you just need to install a client for windows I recommend uTorrent, I don't have a mac, so I haven't tried it and cannot offer support, but Tomato Torrent seems relatively popular.

Last edited by Elderoth on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 am; edited 12 times in total
Elderoth
Elderoth
Peasant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

A Guide to WoW Addons Empty two more I would recommend

Post  cianthaya Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 am

is autoprofit. With a click of a button sell all your gray stuff, and the gatherer. As we grow you will get everyone's gathers . Ultimately if you have a gathering profession you'll have a reliable database of were most things are.

cianthaya
Duke

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum